Battery: Dual 18650
Disclosure: All of the vape products we review on this website are tested by our trained staff with years of experience. As a part of the review, Worldvaping.com links directly to the shops or brands’ website so that customers can purchase the products easily. We receive commissions from these providers and the commisions we gain help us run this website. However, this does not affect the money you pay. Worldvaping is not allowed to use by people under eighteen years old. If you are under eighteen years old, you have no access to this website. We do not offer any medical advice. Thank you.
The VOOPOO DRAG 2 177W Box Mod improves on to its predecessor with a 1/4 lighter build compared to the original Drag, a dual battery setup, and different resin plates. Don’t be fooled by its small appearance; however – this compact device can pack quite a punch.
- 1 DRAG 2 177W Box Mod
- 1 MicroUSB Cable
- 1 Instructional Manual
However, its fit is not too tight, so there’s a high chance that it’ll move slightly during use. 510 connection point is centered, and the 25mm atomizers are going to be a nice, tight fit. However, the connection point isn’t flush with the device but rather raised. It is a lacking feature as there will be a fairly large gap no matter which atomizer you put on it.
Buttons & Menu Options
The options are:
1. Battery saving mode – does exactly what it says. You get a longer battery life at the cost of strength, vapor production, and a lot cooler vape overall.
2. Best flavor mode – a medium-strength hit with a supposedly stronger flavor which is hardly noticeable.
3. Maximum cloud production – the strongest out of the bunch. Sacrifices battery life to provide a lot of vapor – suitable for cloud chasers.
There’s no clear explanation on what each of the options does on the Voopoo’s website, and there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of difference between them. It seems to be more of a gimmick than something that you’ll change up frequently.
On the other side, the preinstalled U2 is a dual-parallel coil that works at around 55W. Due to this, it’s going to perform a fair bit weaker and a lot less vapor. Still, it’s very smooth and manages to bring out a good flavor. For beginners, it’s probably going to be enough for a good hit. The vapor is moderately warm. Before use, it’s important to prime both coils and let the cotton soak up the liquid properly. In the worst-case scenario, the timeout protection is going to prevent both coil and cotton from burning up.
Pros and Cons
- Attractive color options
- High capacity, customizable tank
- Two coils to satisfy all types of users + Solid battery life
- Lightweight and compact
- Fully adjustable airflow
- Vast wattage range (5-177W)
- Rich flavor
- A lot of vapor production for its size
- Multiple security features to prevent accidents
- OLED display could be somewhat brighter
- The FIT mode is fairly underwhelming
- Raised 510 connectors is going to leave a gap
- The battery cover is going to be loose
- Protruding firing button could cause it to fire off in your pocket accidentally
The packaging contains a lot more than your usual box mod for additional modifications. Still, it’s not perfect. Some trivial things, such as the outdated display and the wobbly battery cover might be the breaking point for some. If you can get over these weak points, you’ll get a durable kit that gets the job done.