Battery: 18650 Battery
Disclosure: All of the vape products we review on this website are tested by our trained staff with years of experience. As a part of the review, Worldvaping.com links directly to the shops or brands’ website so that customers can purchase the products easily. We receive commissions from these providers and the commisions we gain help us run this website. However, this does not affect the money you pay. Worldvaping is not allowed to use by people under eighteen years old. If you are under eighteen years old, you have no access to this website. We do not offer any medical advice. Thank you.
The VGOD Pro Mech 2 Kit tries to combine a sturdy, military look, quality performance and high portability all into one full-fledged package. It’s one of the company’s most ambitious products – trying to give customers everything, without them wishing for anything else. It’s a bold move, but did they manage to pull it off?
- One copper and stainless-steel hybrid mechanical mod
- Elite Kennedy style RDA tank
- A user manual
- A black carrying case with the VGOD logo on top
- An accessory bag
Build & Durability
There are two removable sleeves made out of soft Delrin material with a square-like texture that gives it a nice, comfortable feel. The drip tip is removable and has two notch-like cutouts for a snug fit. The atomizer can be easily unscrewed.
TriCon Switch has three independent pins that ensure a great hit each time the button is pressed. The switch itself is made out of carbon fiber, a material that can withstand constant use without wearing down.
A self-adjusting battery ring made out of Delrin keeps the battery nice and tight while preventing rattling. The connection between the atomizer and battery is direct, firing off with almost no delay when pressed.
Battery & Carbon Fiber Switch
Although the interior of the mod is made out of copper, there is an insulating sleeve which protects the battery and prevents a short-circuit in case the battery wraps are damaged.
The “hard-hitting performance” which VGOD advertises comes from the powerful TriCon Switch. The switch contains three pins/battery contacts that all fire up at the same time and achieves equal contact. This promotes strong and reliable electrical conduction to ensure maximum voltage performance. The screws on the switch can be removed for easy cleaning and maintenance. Carbon fiber material on the bottom gives it a smooth, premium feel.
On the matte black finish, this is very visible. For this reason, you might want to have a cloth with you at all times. The drip tip, however, is relatively heat resistant and the narrow, elongated finish allows for comfortable vaping.
Flavoring is strong even though there’s no compressed space inside the atomizer. The bottom airflow is smooth and produces no noise. Since it can’t be adjusted, there is a possibility of some very airy draws. In the end, it’s all ascribed to personal preference.
Pros and Cons
- A tight, solid construction out of durable materials that will last for a long time
- The deck is fairly spacious and easy to build on
- Stylish, military look with the camo color options
- The 2ml liquid storage is more than enough
- Almost no delay after the button press due to direct connections
- Three battery contacts ensure a strong hit every time
- Heat resistant drip tip
- RDA has a shielding over it to prevent damage
- Very lightweight and compact
- A lot of annoying condensation right below the drip tip
- The sleeves can get misaligned and ruin the look
- Since it’s a mechanical mod, it’s not very suitable for beginner users
- Unadjustable airflow can cause airy draws
- Overdripping will result in leakage from the air pockets
Should I Get It?
As with all the mechanical mods, you’ll need to do some in-depth researches if you’re inexperienced. Even though the installation is not too tricky by itself (it’s a lot easier compared to many other mechanical mods), there are a few security measures that you will have to take to ensure everything goes smoothly.
To conclude, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re looking for an affordable yet strong kit, this might be the right one for you!